Friday, May 27, 2011

Morning in Las Lagunas

Sabrina and I arranged for Mike, a volunteer in nearby Palma Herrada, to come visit and went for a hike while we waited for him to arrive. As we climbed a hill through part of Sabrina's community, she described to me her situation and showed me some of what she had going on, including a pig that had been promised her to eat when it got bigger a place next to a school where she was in the process of getting a volleyball court.

We caught up with Mike back at Sabrina's house and I helped her make pizza while she and he got acquainted. Unfortunately, Mike didn't have long before he would have to catch the only other ride back to Palma Herrada and I had promised to help him get back. After eating the incredibly delicious pizza, Mike and I bid farewell to Sabrina and set out for Moca feeling refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment