Friday, May 20, 2011

All Volunteer Conference Part 2

After lunch, we broke up by region. It turns out the Cibao, the region where my community is located, has so many volunteers that it is broken into three sub-regions. In my sub-region I was delighted to find that there are several volunteers located near me who would be interested to have my scouts come help their communities and who can provide guidance in approaching my secondary projects.

Volunteers take in Boriana's health and safety session

For the last session, we had a chance to float around between different areas of interest including the Marine Interest group, a volunteer publication called the Gringo Grita, and medical missions to name a few. With this time, I concentrated on getting plugged in with the PCDR website and the committee in charge of an upcoming conference for RPCVs (Returned Peace Corps Volunteers) to mark the Peace Corps 50th year. After a closing session on health and safety we were allowed to go our merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment