Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Welcome Part 4


Although the circumstances of my situation today are different, the feelings are very much the same. First, there is the resentment. Once again I am shelling out my own precious money-about one-fifth of this month's check-in order to protect my interests and keep the peace. Then there is the vague panic of needing to secure my living situation and not having enough time.

And finally there's pity and disgust. It was hard to feel any anger against my old roommate when I considered how completely clueless she was. Likewise, with Flor I struggle to summon any ire. He is confused and yet to appear so in his culture is to show weakness. A man in his nineties, he is head of a household of seven people and it's beginning to look like it was against his better judgement to have me be an eighth. If only he had told me this the day I arrived...

1 comment:

  1. DUDE... some thing is going on in the background that you are not aware of. This old guy is loosing his mind. Can the PC step in to help?

    I think you should find another living situation just so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete