Monday, June 6, 2011

Hanging With Dave Part 3

Jenie, Dave, and Megan at the art opening

We arrived in Moca at just about the same time as Megan who was organizing an art show to be unveiled that night in what one might call Moca's public square, Parque Duarte. After greeting her and a few of the artists who comprise the collective that is the focus of her primary Peace Corps project, I took Dave to meet my host family. We returned to the art show in time to catch the first hour or so of what would be a typically epic round of thank-yous and congratulations attendant to any public event in the DR.

A show-goer contributes to an installation piece

After leaving early, we had dinner at my place and narrowly missed movie night at the clubhouse. The next morning I showed Dave the clubhouse and we had another internet session before taking the sweaty 25-minute stroll into town to get him onto the Santiago bus. On my way back, I happened by a store that was having a liquidation sale and score some sweet knock-off New Balance 574's for what would be less than twelve US dollars.

Members of the show's art collective say thank-yous

No comments:

Post a Comment