Saturday, March 12, 2011

In the DR at Last

Greetings, loyal readers. It took me almost a couple of weeks, but I've finally managed to settle in and find an internet cafe near the busy intersection of the freeway that runs by the suburb of Santo Domingo where I live during training. Power outages here happen literally every day. Internet service is spotty and there is seldom running water. Fortunately, I have been successful at charging my computer and having been journaling faithfully while offline.

While I got here today without the SD card that houses my mobile blog software, I have a number of posts already in the queue waiting to be uploaded. Unfortunately, in the beginning, their timing will be characterized by a two-week delay. However, as time goes on, my hope is this will erode until my posts are no more than a few days old when posted.

Also, if you've been trying to reach me via email, please be patient. A couple of weeks without access have rewarded me with no fewer than 200 unread emails. Needless to say, things are a little bit different here.

No comments:

Post a Comment