Thursday, September 15, 2011

Making Friends in Moca Part 1

On the bus from Santiago the night of the art show, I met a merchant from one of the local hospitals who expressed interest in my classes after I explained what I do. In Moca, I found myself on the walk from the market to house, talking to a rather personable young Doctor named Aneudy Rafael who cares for couple of patients in Santiago and commutes every day to his home in Moca.

Aneudy invited me to his home, and since the neighborhood it's in is generally safe and well-lit, I decided to see where the night would lead. It turns out his house is opposite the large open lot behind my house along which I ran every day during my time at the Henriquez house.

P8203023
Inside my tiny bathroom

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charles, I have been visiting your blog. Congratulations for your work!I love all your stories and the way you write...Enjoy your stay in DR,take care and stay healthy.Being concern with your health is extremely very important.As an expat, be sure you are covered with an Expat Health Insurance .Have a good weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chalz! It was so good to see you last weekend! I just subscribed to your blog so I will get more regular updates about your adventures out there. Hope your trip back went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete